In a little over a month all delegates will be meeting to determine the direction of C.A.R.E. for the next year.
As read in the Bylaws (see below), January is when we are supposed to have our annual all-delegate meeting and when we elect new officers for the upcoming year. But so much happens in January, with Holiday travel and weather events, and as a result the annual meetings have shifted from January to June — and this June we’ll be electing a new slate of officers.
The decision-making body of CARE is comprised of delegates from each of the member associations and groups that are within the CARE area. From this body of delegates CARE officers are elected for 1-year terms.
Continue reading “CARE all-delegate meeting June 16, 2015”
For Immediate Release:
Jefferson County Open Space is hosting their Spring Trails Talk public forum with the theme of encouraging park visitors to “Know Before You Go”. Many of the topics center around being prepared before visiting a park, and knowing your alternatives—resulting in a safe and enjoyable outdoor experience.
This event will be held on Wednesday, April 29, from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m., at the American Mountaineering Center, 710 10th St, Golden, CO 80401 in the first floor conference rooms.
Continue reading “Trails Talk Forum April 2015, “Know Before You Go””
From Bailey Becker, Jeffco Public Information Office, 4/03/2015:
Have you ever wandered down a trail in your favorite Jeffco Open Space Park and wondered what those beautiful wildflowers were? If you take a Native Plant Master® Course, you will learn not only the names and identifying features of these trailside beauties but also discover interesting facts about their lifestyles, friends and foes. Upcoming offerings include:
• NPM Course at Mt. Falcon Park on Fridays May 8, 15 and 22, 8:30 a.m.-12:40 p.m.
• NPM Course at High Plains on Saturdays May 9, 16 and 23, 8 a.m.-12:10 p.m.
• Plants of Green Mountain: Wednesday, May 13, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
For a list of other Native Plant Master offerings, see www.npm.eventbrite.com. Register soon as offerings fill quickly. If you would like to receive notices of future classes, contact email@example.com.
For information about Jefferson County Extension, visit www.jeffcoextension.org or call 303-271-6620.
Mark your calendars, we’re going to have our next CARE all-delegate meeting on Tuesday the 16th of June. Delegates and interested citizens are welcome to attend. More details to follow next month.
Canyon Area Residents for the Environment (C.A.R.E.)
Golden CO 80401 303.526.1348, 303.598.8359
Thank you for C.A.R.E.ing about our community and the environment!
From: “Cathy Prudhomme” <CPrudhomme@nfpa.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2015 2:08:15 PM
Subject: Wildfire Community Preparedness Day Twitter Chat – Tuesday, April 7
Wildland Fire Stakeholders,
Participate in next week’s Wildfire Community Preparedness Day Twitter Chat Tuesday, April 7 at 2pm EDT. Using the hashtag #WildfirePrepDay the sixty-minute format will focus on projects that can be coordinated for Wildfire Community Preparedness Day, Saturday, May 2 and America’s PrepareAthon Thursday, April 30. The conversation will provide information on mitigation, communication and evacuation.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about Wildfire Preparedness Day and America’s PrepareAthon projects and the available resources and ideas. Special guest participants include:
- U.S. Fire Administration: Phyllis Krietz, Fire Program Specialist, United States Fire Administration
- America’s PrepareAthon: Allison Carlock, Individual and Community Preparedness Division, U.S. Department of Homeland Security/FEMA
- U.S. Forest Service: Pam Leschak, National WUI/FAC Program Manager
- Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS): Brent Henzi, Public Affairs Manager
Post these promotional tweets and get your stakeholders involved too:
- Participate in the #WildfirePrepDay Twitter Chat – 4/7 at 2pm EDT and learn how you can accomplish something great!
- Find your role in Wildfire Community Preparedness Day – People.Projects.Purpose. #WildfirePrepDay Twitter Chat 4/7 at 2PM EDT.
- Learn how to make communities more wildfire resilient – #WildfirePrepDay Twitter Chat, 4/7 at 2pm EDT.
- Be a local preparedness champion – plan a Wildfire Prep Day activity. Learn more in the #WildfirePrepDay Twitter Chat 4/7 at 2pm EDT.
- Reduce your community’s wildfire risk with a PrepDay project. Get mentored in the 4/7 #WildfirePrepDay Twitter Chat at 2pm EDT.
Demonstrate your commitment to wildfire preparedness by adding your May 2 activities to the nationwide project map. It’s easy to do and illustrates the magnitude of grassroots risk reduction projects occurring throughout the U.S.
Community Outreach Program Manager – NFPA’s Wildland Fire Operations Division
6855 South Havana Street, Suite 180
Centennial, CO 80112