Jefferson County Planning & Zoning has scheduled public hearings for Phase 2 of the Wildfire Regulation updates. Hearings will be held as follows:
- Planning Commission – Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 6:15 pm
- Join the hearing from our Hybrid Hearings web page.
- Board of County Commissioners – Tuesday, October 4, 2022, 8:00 am
- Join the hearing from our Meetings & Agendas web page.
Both hearings will be hybrid, so they can be attended either virtually or in person. If you would like to attend virtually, please view the links below the hearing dates. Links will be posted approximately 1 week or less prior to the hearing. If you would like to attend in person, the hearings will be held in Hearing Room 1, 100 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden.
Draft 3 of the regulation update that will be reviewed during those hearings. Clean copies and Red-marked copies can be found in the online case folder (22-104558AM) The Red-marked copy of Draft 3 notes where there are modifications from Draft 2. You may still offer comments on Draft 3, however, they will not be addressed prior to the Planning Commission hearing.
Staff has also compiled a Comment-Response Log for Draft 2 containing the comments we received and how those were addressed.
The main focus of these changes has been on:
- Zoning Resolution Section 15 – Landscaping
- Zoning Resolution Section 39 – Wildfire Hazard Overlay District
- Transportation Design and Construction Manual – Chapter 3 Design and Technical Criteria
Staff has also done a review of the Zoning Resolution to change the title where the Wildfire Hazard Overlay District was referenced and other wording consistencies. Those changes are in the Table of Contents, Section 9 – Submittal Requirements, Section 11 – Board of Adjustment, and Section 42 – Drilling and Production of Oil and Gas.
If you have any questions, please contact us here.